Carby Overhaul

Old August 23rd 08, 04:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Default Carby Overhaul

I,m just overhauling my spare 32-34 PDSIT,s. I dont want to reassemble with
all dry bearing surfaces but thought mineral oil would probably evaporate in
no time flat with all the petrol vapours around. What,s the consensus, use
mineral oil, silicon oil ?, dust with molybdenum ?.
John

Old August 24th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_45_]

John wrote:
> I,m just overhauling my spare 32-34 PDSIT,s. I dont want to reassemble with
> all dry bearing surfaces [...]

Why not?
Old August 25th 08, 10:21 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Experience basically. Despite being involved with medical electronics ie not
a mechanic, I,ve noticed over 40 years of looking after my VW,s ( and other
Aust and Jap cars for my kids ) that a lot of faults are caused by
inappropriate or infrequent lubrication. Particularly the engine in VW,s.
Havn,t had a engine issue in 40 years by keeping freshish oil in sump and
keeping engine spotless so it can dump the heat. So I guess its the old "if
it ain,t broke don,t fix it" scenario
Cheers
John

An aesthetic overhaul Carl Rogers Driving 8 August 13th 08 02:43 AM
VW Jetta A/C overhaul Curtis[_2_] VW water cooled 1 April 26th 07 03:24 AM
engine overhaul akes Honda 4 June 1st 06 06:26 AM
engine overhaul ? olcrispy 4x4 3 March 2nd 06 01:19 AM
Carby Jet Removal hemyd Technology 3 January 26th 05 02:15 AM