00 jetta 2.0 L Automatic transmission problem

Old January 7th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

Default 00 jetta 2.0 L Automatic transmission problem

On my 2000 vw jetta with the 2.0 l auto transmission, how do i get to
selenoid valve 5? Does anyone know anything about it?
Old January 8th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_2_]

It's mounted on the valve body, but you must remove the auto trans pan
first. Do you have a repair manual which should help doing the repair.

Old January 8th 08, 02:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Jan 7, 9:58*pm, "Lost In Space/Woodchuck" >
wrote:
> It's mounted on the valve body, but you must remove the auto trans pan
> first. Do you have a repair manual which should help doing the repair.
>
> > wrote in message

> > On my 2000 vw jetta with the 2.0 l auto transmission, how do i get to
> > selenoid valve 5? Does anyone know anything about it?- Hide quoted text -

no, i do not have a repair manual. is there anything else i should
know about fixing my problem?
Old January 8th 08, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

wrote:
> It's mounted on the valve body, but you must remove the auto trans pan
> first. Do you have a repair manual which should help doing the repair.
>
> > wrote in message

> > On my 2000 vw jetta with the 2.0 l auto transmission, how do i get to
> > selenoid valve 5? Does anyone know anything about it?- Hide quoted text -

What does that selonoid valve 5 do?
Old January 8th 08, 03:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled

On Jan 8, 8:19*am, wrote:

> no, i do not have a repair manual. is there anything else i should
> know about fixing my problem?

With respect, Automatic Transmissions are not for amateurs. Unless you
have some expertise in the field and know *exactly* what you are
doing, you *will* screw it up. Going in without a manual is, well, uh,
just stupid.

Take it to a reputable shop and have them check it. You may spend a
few bucks - but the odds are far better that you will get satisfactory
results.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Old January 9th 08, 03:44 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Lost In Space/Woodchuck[_2_]

no manual? I been doing VW's for 35 years and don't touch a trans without a
manual! Sounds like you are over your head in trying the repair. Suggest you
find a shop which specializes in VW trans before it costs you more.