1967 VW Bug: Special and 1-year only features...

Old February 16th 05, 04:53 PM
Jim

Wednesday, February 16 2005, @ 7:44 AM (-0800 GMT)

Gill,

Your "treatise" below on "hiwaymen" and there "ilk" is really
interesting. I had never thought of horse mounted swordmen riding on
the left side of the road so that they could meet oncoming villianous
types with their swords at the ready in their right hands. Very good
point! Very good indeed! Quite clever those Englishmen!

In regards the stagecoach driver sitting on the right side of the
seat, and the guy riding shotgun on the left, I'm going to have to
find an old copy of the movie "Stagecoach" with John Wayne in it and
see whats up. Was Andy Devine in that movie?

The fact that most people are right-handed, and mount their horse on
the left side, kinda gives credence to the idea that the right side
was not a good place to be, lest you "step in it." Doesn't THAT make
sense? <g>

Jim
http://www.ClassicVWBug4Sale.info

:

Old February 16th 05, 04:55 PM
Red Bug

In article >,
Howard Rose > wrote:

> the left (weaker) hand

Speak for yourself! My left hand is plenty strong enough!

YEAH FOR LEFT HANDED PEOPLE! We get something good with the way things
are made!

(from a left-handed person)

--
___
|___| '61 - VW
Old February 16th 05, 05:07 PM
Tom's VR6

Old February 16th 05, 05:36 PM
Dave Hall

Hmm, so it was the French drivers who needed to whip horses that made the USA
drivers change from the right-hand driving seat to the left hand horse's back.
No comment. ;-)

Maybe we shouild be posting this in alt.stagecoach or something.

--
Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club

Old February 16th 05, 07:48 PM
Jim

be careful, L E F T is a F O U R-letter word! <g> but, according to
psychiatrists, left-handed people are the only ones in their "right
minds." (Right-handed people are left-minded). Does that mean
perverse or just that they drink more beer?

jim (lefty from way back when Adolf first started thinking about the
beetle).