Reversing Aids for 147

Old July 26th 04, 08:01 PM
bobdabilda

Under duress, Paul Woodsford, quietly snivelled...

|| A combination of age ( mine ), high rear window in my beloved 147 and low
|| bonnets on other cars makes reversing more strenuous.
|| Has anyone any experience of these audible reversing aid sensors. If so,
are
|| they any good and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
|| --

Hi,

http://www.alfaowner.com/store/index...eferrerid=2386 do them for the
147 and there is a review of one and an install guide on the forum...
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/showt...eferrerid=2386

HTH

Old July 26th 04, 08:11 PM
Paul Woodsford

Default Reversing Aids for 147

A combination of age ( mine ), high rear window in my beloved 147 and low
bonnets on other cars makes reversing more strenuous.
Has anyone any experience of these audible reversing aid sensors. If so, are
they any good and any recommendations would be much appreciated.

--
Paul.Woodsford
Remove **NOSPAM** to reply.

---

Old July 26th 04, 08:17 PM
Catman

Paul Woodsford wrote:

> A combination of age ( mine ), high rear window in my beloved 147 and low
> bonnets on other cars makes reversing more strenuous.
> Has anyone any experience of these audible reversing aid sensors. If so,
> are they any good and any recommendations would be much appreciated.

I've had several for some years now (after I got one dead cheap in a chruch
sale)

Frankly, they rock rather a lot. The only reason that we only have one is
cos I;ve not worked out a way to fix one into the Sprint. The one in the
Giulietta mounts on the back shelf.

Generally I've found installation to be simple, but then I do do most of my
own fettling and DIY.

Personally I prefer ones that mount on the rear shelf so it can be seen in
the rear view mirror. Also, more sensors = better. You can get a bit
dependant on them, and lamp posts *will* fit between them. DAMHIKIJD,OK
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old July 26th 04, 11:23 PM
Paul Woodsford

Thanks for the advice everyone. Just what I needed.

--
Paul.Woodsford
Remove **NOSPAM** to reply.
"Catman" > wrote in message
> Paul Woodsford wrote:
>
> > A combination of age ( mine ), high rear window in my beloved 147 and

low
> > bonnets on other cars makes reversing more strenuous.
> > Has anyone any experience of these audible reversing aid sensors. If so,
> > are they any good and any recommendations would be much appreciated.
> >

> I've had several for some years now (after I got one dead cheap in a

chruch
> sale)
>
> Frankly, they rock rather a lot. The only reason that we only have one is
> cos I;ve not worked out a way to fix one into the Sprint. The one in the
> Giulietta mounts on the back shelf.
>
> Generally I've found installation to be simple, but then I do do most of

my
> own fettling and DIY.
>
> Personally I prefer ones that mount on the rear shelf so it can be seen in
> the rear view mirror. Also, more sensors = better. You can get a bit
> dependant on them, and lamp posts *will* fit between them. DAMHIKIJD,OK

> --
> Catman MIB#14 SKoGA#6 TEAR#4 BOTAFOF#38 Apostle#21 COSOC#3
> Tyger, Tyger Burning Bright (Remove rust to reply)
> Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7
> Triumph Speed Triple: Black with extra black bits
> www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk

---

Old July 27th 04, 08:04 PM
dom

"Paul Woodsford" > wrote:
>A combination of age ( mine ), high rear window in my beloved 147 and low
>bonnets on other cars makes reversing more strenuous.
>Has anyone any experience of these audible reversing aid sensors. If so, are
>they any good and any recommendations would be much appreciated.

My 147 has a http://www.metasystem.it/car/eng/sensori_gb.htm two-sensor
one from MetaSystem, fitted, I believe, by the garage (car was ex-demonstrator).
I wouldn't be without it! (I need a front one too though, the number of
multi-story
carpark walls I've bounced off must be... 3 or 4. That's when I forget to turn
on
the sidelights which put me about a foot from the wall when the beams un-cross.)

It's got two lights on the beeper thingy on the back screen, a red one and
an amber one. One, or the other, flashes with the beep. Can I work out what
the difference is? (no, I can't - doesn't *seem* to be left side and right
side)

Anyone?

dom.