How does this vehicle look?

Old May 25th 09, 03:42 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda
asdf[_3_]

Default How does this vehicle look?

I'm considering this Honda civic 1997 with 60k miles on it.
edmunds.com reviews are great but I'm not sure if there are any recalls
on it. carfax.com gives conflicting information.

I see following on one of the pages:

Recall date: 10-15-1997
Units potentially affected: 9,558
NHTSA campaign number: 97V193000
Defective part or component: INTERIOR SYSTEMS:PASSENGER RESTRAINTS:AIR
BAG:FRONTAL:PASSENGER
air bag modules have been improperly assembled. the cloth flaps covering
the folded air bag may have been tucked in too far. This condition could
prevent proper deployment of the air bag. In a crash, an improper air bag
deployment could increase the risk of injury to a front seat passenger.
Dealers will repair the front passenger's air bag module to prevent this
problem from occurring.

But I'm not sure If this particular vehicle is affected. Any way to make
certain? If I do take this car to mehanic would he be able to make certain
that vehicle is ok. Do I just tell him to check the airbags.?
Here is the rest of the carfax.com report. Would someone please kindly take
a look at this and let me know if anything looks suspicious.

Thank you very much
Vehicle Information: 1997 HONDA CIVIC DX SEDAN 4 DR 1.6L L4 PFI
SOHC 16V FRONT WHEEL DRIVE Standard Equipment

No accident/damage reported No accident / damage reported to CARFAX
CARFAX 1-Owner vehicle CARFAX 1-Owner vehicle
Registered as a personal vehicle Personal vehicle
Last reported odometer reading/mileage
58,746 Last reported odometer reading

Purchased: 1997
Type: Personal
Est. miles/year: 4,745/yr
Est. length owned: 2/15/97 - 4/29/09
(12 yrs. 2 mo.)

Date: Mileage: Source: Comments:
02/15/1997
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Registered as
personal vehicle
Motor Vehicle Dept. Title issued or updated
First owner reported
02/27/1998 7,278
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
08/27/1998 9,500 Inspection Co.
Vehicle inspected
Anti-theft device present
at the time of inspection
03/09/1999 13,531
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
03/18/2000 19,628
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
01/26/2001
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title issued or updated
03/24/2001 24,789
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
04/02/2002 29,654
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
01/29/2003
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Registration issued or renewed
Registered as
personal vehicle
Passed safety inspection
02/13/2003 33,000 Inspection Co.
Vehicle inspected
Anti-theft device present
at the time of inspection
04/12/2003 34,311
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
02/02/2004 37,000

718-892-3300
Oil and filter changed chassis lubricated
05/08/2004 38,419
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
06/15/2004
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title issued or updated
12/19/2004
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Registration issued or renewed
Registered as
personal vehicle
Passed safety inspection
02/04/2005 41,321
718-892-3300
Manufacturer's recommended maintenance performed
05/18/2006 46,807
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
12/22/2006
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Registration issued or renewed
Registered as
personal vehicle
Passed safety inspection
05/16/2007 51,239
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
05/17/2008 55,598
Inspection Station Passed safety inspection
Passed emissions inspection

View what was inspected
01/06/2009
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Registration issued or renewed
Registered as
personal vehicle
Passed safety inspection
04/29/2009 58,745
vehicle offered for sale
05/12/2009 58,746 Online Listing Vehicle offered for sale