Jeep Cherokee Sport ----> Check Engine Light

Old July 4th 05, 06:54 PM
FrankW

Not sure but did you "Off" one to many?

Old July 4th 05, 07:29 PM
eddy long

"FrankW" > wrote in message
> Not sure but did you "Off" one to many?

--------------

Tried it again on Jeep Cherokee Sport 2001:

Doors Open
Odomoeter reset

Either way:

OFF/ ON / OFF / ON

doesn't work - there is no error code illuminated on dash.

nor does doing it this way...

OFF / ON / OFF / ON / OFF/ ON

Best...
Eddy

Old July 4th 05, 10:50 PM
tim bur

will only show emissions codes not trans code which might be causing
lite to come on

Old July 5th 05, 01:45 AM
Lon

eddy long proclaimed:

> "FrankW" > wrote in message
>
>>Not sure but did you "Off" one to many?

> --------------
>
> Tried it again on Jeep Cherokee Sport 2001:
>

> Doors Open
> Odomoeter reset
>

> Either way:
>
> OFF/ ON / OFF / ON
>
> doesn't work - there is no error code illuminated on dash.
>
> nor does doing it this way...
>
> OFF / ON / OFF / ON / OFF/ ON
>
> Best...
> Eddy

Isn't that On Off On Off On within 5 seconds?
Old July 6th 05, 01:33 AM
Jeff Strickland

There are hundreds of things that can cause the Check light to come on.

The easiest thing to do is to get an OBD II Code Reader and simply read the
code(s) that is(are) stored, then reset the codes and -- depending on what
the codes are -- either wait for the Check light to come on again, or buy
some parts and put them in.

You probably left the gas cap off, and the code is in the P0440 family,
P0440 thru P0460. These codes are what you get if the Evaporative Emission
Control System isn't up top snuff.

Old July 6th 05, 03:26 PM
me

Thank you, Billy Ray. I tried that for fun in my 2001 Grand Cherokee and
even though I didn't have a light on it still replied back "done." That'll
save me $75 from buying one of those readers.

Old July 6th 05, 08:37 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

A great site for WJs: http://www.wjjeeps.com/jmenu.htm
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old July 15th 05, 10:28 PM
Bulletsnbrains

Eddy,

I also have the 01 XJ Sport. The On/Off/On/Off/On method(MILF) does not work
for this model. It was discontinued after '97 IIRC. I spent the bucks and
bought an OBD II scanner from Actron at my local Farm and Fleet store. If in
the So. WI area, contact me and I will help you out with pulling the codes.
Otherwise, someone mentioned to stop at an Autozone/Checker parts stores and
they will usually pull the codes for you for little or no money.

Brian
Madison, WI.

Old February 12th 16, 02:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Em

Default Jeep Cherokee Sport ----> Check Engine Light

replying to eddy long, Em wrote:
Mine also did not work any other suggestions?

--
posted from
http://www.motorsforum.com/jeep/re-j...ght-69971-.htm