MIL light on

Old May 22nd 12, 05:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JKConey

Default MIL light on

2012 Jeep Liberty with 1000 miles on it. Here's the scenario. We got
our trailer hitch attached yesterday, so the rear was cranked up and
down a few inches, a couple times. We also got an electronic brake
controller installed. The red dashboard MIL light stayed on all the way
home, which was a few hours with stops. The other thing that stopped
working was the ECO ON indicator. This morning it was out, and all was
working again. Any clue as to what happened?

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com

Old May 23rd 12, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Scott in Baltimore[_2_]

JKConey wrote:

> 2012 Jeep Liberty with 1000 miles on it. Here's the scenario. We got
> our trailer hitch attached yesterday, so the rear was cranked up and
> down a few inches, a couple times. We also got an electronic brake
> controller installed. The red dashboard MIL light stayed on all the way
> home, which was a few hours with stops. The other thing that stopped
> working was the ECO ON indicator. This morning it was out, and all was
> working again. Any clue as to what happened?

Stop by Harbor freight and pick up an OBD reader. I've checked and reset
codes in a Mitsubishi while driving before I fixed the misfire problem.
The car drove different with the light on, it goes better when it's off.
Old May 23rd 12, 11:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Old Crow

"JKConey" wrote in message ...

2012 Jeep Liberty with 1000 miles on it. Here's the scenario. We got
our trailer hitch attached yesterday, so the rear was cranked up and
down a few inches, a couple times. We also got an electronic brake
controller installed. The red dashboard MIL light stayed on all the way
home, which was a few hours with stops. The other thing that stopped
working was the ECO ON indicator. This morning it was out, and all was
working again. Any clue as to what happened?

--
JK Sinrod
www.MyConeyIslandMemories.com
www.facebook.com/MyConeyIslandMemories
^^^^^^^

Chances are the ABS computer saw the back wheels turning with no input from
the fronts and threw a wheel speed sensor code. This would probably cause
the computer to shut down the ECO system. Upon running the self test the
next morning it found everything working good and now the code is in history
instead of current. Get the codes read and cleared at Auto Zone and you
should be good to go.
--
Old Crow
BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT

Old May 23rd 12, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
JKConey

On 5/23/2012 6:46 AM, Old Crow wrote:
> "JKConey" wrote in message ...
>

> 2012 Jeep Liberty with 1000 miles on it. Here's the scenario. We got
> our trailer hitch attached yesterday, so the rear was cranked up and
> down a few inches, a couple times. We also got an electronic brake
> controller installed. The red dashboard MIL light stayed on all the way
> home, which was a few hours with stops. The other thing that stopped
> working was the ECO ON indicator. This morning it was out, and all was
> working again. Any clue as to what happened?

Thanks that's what I was thinking. I was worried about the trailer
brake controller not being installed right, but all is good now.