1995 Dodge Neon oil on spark plugs & wheel shaking

Old August 31st 05, 04:03 AM
ellist54

Default 1995 Dodge Neon oil on spark plugs & wheel shaking

I have a 1995 Dodge Neon and there are two problems. The first problem is
that when I drive over 75 miles per hour my check engine light goes on. I
have had Autozone check the diagnostics and it always says that a spark
plug is misfiring. I changed the plugs and wires and it still happened.
I took out my plugs and they were full of oil. Could this be from a
blockage in my PCV line or would it be my rings? The second problem is
that when I drive over 70 mph it feels like my tires are going to fall
off. The tires feel like they are wobbling and I'm not sure if I need my
tires balanced or an alignment or if it is the tires. I was in a traffic
jam the other day on a highway and when I was rolling slowly (about 10
mph) my car felt like it was wobbling, like I had a flat tire.
-Tanya

Old September 1st 05, 01:39 AM
Shakes73

"" wrote:
> I have a 1995 Dodge Neon and there are two problems. The
> first problem is
> that when I drive over 75 miles per hour my check engine light
> goes on. I
> have had Autozone check the diagnostics and it always says
> that a spark
> plug is misfiring. I changed the plugs and wires and it still
> happened.
> I took out my plugs and they were full of oil. Could this be
> from a
> blockage in my PCV line or would it be my rings? The second
> problem is
> that when I drive over 70 mph it feels like my tires are going
> to fall
> off. The tires feel like they are wobbling and I'm not sure
> if I need my
> tires balanced or an alignment or if it is the tires. I was
> in a traffic
> jam the other day on a highway and when I was rolling slowly
> (about 10
> mph) my car felt like it was wobbling, like I had a flat tire.
>
> -Tanya

Does your car smoke a blueish/gray from the exhaust?? Sometimes the
valve cover gasket leaks around the plug holes letting the oil settle
around the plug and when you pull the spark plug out it soaks it with
the oil.

Might be best to take it to a front end shop,could be tires,tie rods
or a number of other parts.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/Dodge-1995...ict136224.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=661212
Old September 1st 05, 02:27 PM
ellist54

There isn't any blue or gray smoking coming out of my exhaust. A mechanic
once told me that it could be an oil blockage in my PCV line and when I
drive at high speeds the pressure increases and may cause the oil to leak
to where my spark plugs are.

Old September 7th 05, 11:25 PM
ellist54

Well, I took my car in. Turns out that my back tires were warped and so I
got all new tires and my struts were so bad that it helped in the warping
process of the back tires. I also had the struts replaced. Still do not
know about the oil on the plugs (the oil is in the chambers)but I do have
an oil leak by my cam position sensor. I hope that this helps out people
that have the same problems with their Neon's.

Old September 9th 05, 12:54 AM

i have 200001 miles on my 95 neon,only gets 1 qt low between oil changes

Question: Regarding wheel offset and WTB: 1995 Jetta III steel wheel Timothy J. Richter VW water cooled 4 March 10th 07 04:51 PM
Opinion - Spark plugs for '98 3.0 Voyager Ken Peterson Chrysler 24 March 20th 05 03:04 AM
98 Passport spark plugs JC- Honda 1 March 10th 05 06:01 AM
Spark Plugs for 93 SL1 SOHC Gary Compton Saturn 3 July 18th 04 12:33 PM
How to change spark plugs on Ford Contour V6? Jian General 0 January 21st 04 05:45 AM